Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Magsam Family Camping Trip

I am at the annual Magsam Family Camping Trip. This is the first time that I have gone in four years and I am so excited to be there. I see some of my family and they are so excited that I am there. My aunt Joy, gives me a huge hug and tells me how great it is that I am here. I am filled up with joy and am so grateful to have a wonderful family.

We are camping at a place where there is a huge long sandy beach. I step up on this hill that looks over the beach and see my family by our old little fishing boat. I ask if I can take it out for a spin by myself. My mom is a little hesitant, but decides it will be ok.

I start driving the boat through the shallow waters near the beach. There are tons of people and I am constantly dodging them. Good thing that my boat driving skills are top notch. At one point, I stop and the boat swings around completely to avoid a little kid swimming.
My parents join me in the boat, and we take a little trip over to a nearby cove.

In that cove, there is this strange family that is dresses very conservatively and they all look alike. Their clothes are the same color and they are all very hairy (including the women). It seems to me that they are Mormon or Polygamists. They are by the lake fully dresses and showing no skin. Here I am in my revealing swimsuit. My parents jump out and I start dancing around and singing suggestive/crazy songs.
Then the boat starts to fill up with water. I jump out and my mom decides that she is going to jump into the boat from the shore. It is way too far away and I know that she is going to miss it, but I decide to just watch her. She starts counting and then jumps. Missing the boat by feet she splashes into the water. I laugh and jolt back to waking life.

No comments: