Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Sam"

Part A:
I am in a certain friend's apartment, lets just call him Sam. We are hanging out and he is standing in the kitchen looking at some mail. He is very quiet and has a strange look. I look at him and pull him towards me. "What's wrong Sam?" He smiles, but there is sadness in his eyes. He says: "Well screw it, I might as well tell you. I just got a letter that says I have stage 3 of some type of cancer." My heart jumps and tears are instantly at my eyes. He looks at me and smiles again. He says: "Maren I can't have your tears too." I weakly smile and while using my red blanket I go and wrap him in a blanket hug. His arms hang at his side.

Part B:
So I realize that the first part of this dream wasn't for real. Now we are going to a Twins game with his roommate too. We go to the game and have a great time. On the way home, I am driving and his roommate is in the back seat acting like a happy go lucky kid. We are getting close to their apartment and Sam turns to me and said that he had a really good time. He leans in to kiss me and then pulls away at the last second. I look at him with a funny look and he laughs, I don't want you to crash! More happens, but lets keep that a secret.

1 comment:

Ian DuVall said...

this is me, commenting on our blog.