Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Shopping

I am meeting up with a lot of other Time for God Volunteers. We are all going on a shopping trip together to buy food for the month. I usually don't come to these shopping trips because I moved out of the house that I was living in with the other four girls. Because I moved out, I have been paying for my own food, but no more.

I see the group of people and start wandering around asking who I was living with. I totally forgot and after asking several groups, found my group of girls. They looked very surprised to see me.
I told them that I wanted my share of the £70 that we get every shopping trip. I felt very awkward asking for the money, but figured that I deserve my money. They all gave me fake smiles and agreed. I knew that they were not happy with my decision to ask for my money. I figured that they should give me like £12 since that is one fifth of £70. This is obviously not the right amount because £14 is. So in this dream I am not good at math. Weird.

I begin wandering around the store looking for snacks and Coke. I find these huge containers of chocolate and mixed nuts. I take four and later decide to ditch the mixed nuts. I don't even like mixed nuts. I make all of my decisions and head to the check out.

There I see the other girls in two groups buying food. One group's total is £44 and they think that they should get more since it is their turn to buy the rat poison. I am thoroughly confused by this and watch the two groups interact. They don't seem happy with each other and I keep waiting for them to ask me to give up some of my money, which wouldn't be fair because this is the first time I have asked for money since arriving. They have been using my money for 9 months. My time at the check out seems endless and I am so nervous. Why am I nervous? I wake up before I can find out.

No comments: