Monday, April 21, 2008

Secret Book

I am at the Young Adults in Global Missions Re-entry Retreat in New Mexico. We are in the desert and it is great to see everyone. At the retreat we do a lot of praise and worship type stuff and it seems that there are a lot more than just the YAGMs there. The ELCA has hidden a Secret Book in the desert and it is the goal of all the YAGMs to find the book.

Anthony and I start to look for it together. We jump into this old worn out car and blaze through the desert. While dodging sand dunes and cactus we realize we are being chased by someone. We finally lose them and pull over the car to search for the book. While searching we are wearing these protective vests (for some odd reason that I don't know). We eventually realize that Anthony's vest is much heavier than mine and feel something odd in the back. We rip open the back of the vest and the Secret Book falls out. We have found it!!! WOOT! We begin jumping up and down to celebrate and hug each other.


We make it back to the hotel and everyone is so excited that we have found the Secret Book. Everyone is congratulating us and cheering. It is pretty excited and I feel like we are celebrities. Later on Anthony and I are sitting in a room with a group of friends and this guy comes in. He says hello and says that he has a proposition for me. I sit up looking a little confused and give him the nod to proceed. He begins to outline why the two of us should start dating. Basically he is trying to "sell" himself and wants me to consider it even though I will get a lot more offers now that I have found the Secret Book. I listen and tell him that I will consider it. I guess that the Secret Book is pretty amazing and will now help me to get dates.

No comments: