Friday, December 7, 2007

New Teaching Job

I have suddenly gotten a new teaching job in a 4th grade classroom, but the kids actually seemed a lot older. Several of my students knew me from dance and camp. One was a friend, Forrest, who is definitely a lot older.

In the class, I had no idea what was going on. It was the first day of school, but it didn't feel like it because the kids had projects to turn in and there was their previous teachers stuff in the classroom. I guess that the previous teacher had suddenly died and that is whom I got this job from. The whole day I was flustered. I didn't know the schedule at all and the kids were crazy. They had these bacon pamphlets to turn in and present. I had a couple of the kids go and then we stop to play a game. The kids didn't listen and the game went terribly. In general it was a very stressful day. I even forgot to let the kids go to lunch!! I hope this isn't how my real first day is when I get a job.

No comments: