Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Skiing Fun

I am in the mountains preparing to ski. I grab my skis and take a test run to let everyone else I am with know how it is. I prepare to go and see the ski lift, which was extremely fast and scary. It comes and from behind you grab onto the seat and boost yourself over the seat to sit down. This seems impossible with skis, but then I realize this is for the tubers. So I breathe a sigh of relief.

I reach the top and begin to go down. Having not skied in over three years, I was a little shaky. I went down a steep hill and had a little trouble cutting. As I pick up speed, I almost lose it, but end up making it down to the bottom. I head inside to grab my friends and a bite to eat. The ski lodge looks very similar to Powder Ridge, where I spent many Friday nights participating in the Bethlehem Ski Club.

We get back on the slopes and I am with some friends. There are four of us including KB. We start racing down the hill and when we hit a slow spot we attack each other to try to be the first back to the lift. The fresh snow was amazing. Oh happy days!!

No comments: