Thursday, December 20, 2007

Visiting Professors

I am sitting in a hospital on the GAC campus. On the top floor, I sit in my bed peering out the window looking at Mattson Hall. I see all the young education students scurrying to class. There are my favorite professors, Jill and Mary, greeting the students and smiling their motherly smiles. I miss being there so much. As I continue to peek out around the curtains, Jill catches my eye. I quickly throw the curtains back in place and hope that she didn't see me. A knock at my door brings Jill and Mary to visit. They smile, but look very concerned. They bring tons of questions why I am in the hospital. I explain that I am not sick at all, but am simply living here temporarily. They ran out of rooms in normal dorms and have moved me here. It is quite comfortable although it is strange to be in a hospital. They smile and we chat for a while. They leave and I realize how special they are. They will always make me smile. YAY for GAC.

No comments: