Friday, February 22, 2008

Changing of the Guards

I am in London and at Westminster Abbey. I am with my friend and we are preparing to go to see the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace. My friend is supposed to be Amy, but is actually Kristin. Weird huh? The service finishes and we are about to rush to see it. As we walk out of the Abbey, my friend’s parents decide that they want to go to another church instead of going to see the Changing of the Guards. I am not happy about this!!! I really want to see the guards with their silly hats, but now it won't happen.

I reluctantly go along and join the choir at this church. We practice and I am not into it at all. Kristin and I are mad and decide to just leave the service so we can rush to see the Changing of the Guards. With five minutes until it starts we rush out of the church and start running towards Buckingham Palace. I am completely out of breath and this run seems to take forever. We finally arrive and it is all over. We have completely missed it and are utterly disappointed!

No comments: