Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Dark Wet Night

It is night time and I am preparing for a night canoe trip with high school friends. There are tons of my old classmates and it almost feelings like a reunion. As I walk along the waterfront, I slip in. The cold icy water attacks my body and I scream as the current pulls me away from the edge of the water. Suddenly I stop and grab the cement barrier to pull myself up out of the freezing cold water. I get out and am shivering completely. Still wanting to go on this canoe ride, I try to figure out how I could get some dry clothes. IAN! He lives really close to here and definitely will be able to help.
I give him a call and he almost hangs up on my because he is in the Rainbow Room (who knows what that is). I explain how I fell in the water and am freezing and just need some dry clothes. He says that he can't come and let me in, but he will tell his neighbor to let me in. I am so thankful and run off to fetch my dry clothes.

I travel across this huge bridge that arcs towards the ski. I can see all of the city from here and it is so beautiful. Then I wake up!

No comments: